Compounding is the art and science of creating personalized medications for patients.
There are many reasons why someone may need a compounded medication:
- Allergies to inactive ingredients, dyes, or have other sensitivities.
- Medications are not available in the strength needed; for example, liquid medications often need to be prepared for children when no commercially available product exists.
- Vegetarians or vegans who want a medication free of animal products.
- Medications get discontinued from mass production, but patients still need them.
- Patients need their medications administered differently, such as using a cream instead of taking a pill.
- Pets need medications too. Our furry or feathered friends often cant tolerate ingredients in human medications or need smaller dosages. Ask about our animal friendly medication formulations and flavorings!